The casting process used to manufacture Nylon produces in a high-molecular and highly crystalline polyamide type 6 material with outstanding physical properties. Nylon has similar mechanical properties and chemical resistance to a standard Nylon 66.
Stock shapes are available in sheet, rod or tube form in a wide selection of sizes.
Suitable for Medium Load Bearings, Gear wheels, Rollers, Bushes, Sprockets, Cams, Wear pads, Sheave wheels, Pulleys, Sliding parts, Support and Guide wheels, Conveyor and Tension rollers, Buffer pads etc.
• Good sliding properties
• Extremely high abrasion resistance
• High mechanical strength coupled with high impact
• Excellent machinability
• High mechanical damping ability
• Working temperature range of -40°C to 110°C
• Good adhesive properties
• EU & FDA approved for direct food contact applications
• High absorption of moisture (of up to 3 % in standard
atmosphere) results in increased impact resistance.
Please note: In thin-walled parts, reduced mechanical strength and dimensional stability
• Nylon is frequently used as a substitute for aluminium, brass
• Used for a wide range of industrial components both for
Original Equipment Manufacture and maintenance.
• Mechanical engineering: e.g. sliding parts, rollers, bushes,
slide bearings, wear pads, support and guide wheels,
sprockets tension rollers.
• Offshore: e.g. bogies, cable winches, sheaves
• Vehicle construction: e.g. sliding parts, hoisting gear, rope
• Food industry: e.g. sliding parts, conveyor stars wheels, spiral
conveyors, feed screws,
© Gauteng Engeneering Plastics 2020 – All Right Reserved