OIL FILLED NYLON
Oil Filled Nylon is an internally lubricated oil filled cast nylon 6 which is self-lubricating in the real meaning of the word. This highly modified caprolactum grade has internal liquid lubricant evenly distributed throughout the polymeric mix and is a distinctive green colour.
Oil Filled Nylon is specifically developed for unlubricated moving parts applications and yields a considerable growth in the application possibilities of nylon sheet, rod and tube. This is because of its reduced coefficient of friction (-50%) and improved wear resistance (up to 10X).
• Excellent sliding properties
• Extremely high abrasion resistance
• High mechanical strength coupled with high impact
• Excellent machinability
• Mechanical engineering: e.g. Low load, high speed and low
temperature slide or journal bearings, sliding parts, rollers,
• Offshore: e.g. bogies, cable winches
• Vehicle construction: e.g. sliding parts, hoisting gear, rope
• Foods industry: e.g. sliding parts, conveyor stars, spiral
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
• For Oil Filled Nylon to be most effective, constant speed and
pressure is required to activate the liquid lubricant. A fluid
lubricant is advantageous in lowering the coefficient of friction
and offers a reduction in the "stick - slip" effect however, in
applications with minimal sliding movement and intermittent
pressure; it is very difficult to maintain the lubricating film as
viscosity drops with an increase in temperature. The
lubricating film will therefore not be at the sliding faces. Under
high loads the thickness of the lubricating film may be
reduced as it is forced out from between the sliding surfaces.
© Gauteng Engeneering Plastics 2020 – All Right Reserved