Virgin - Unfilled P.T.F.E. is the most common form and has some unique features which, apart from its good slip characteristics, the advantages of this high performance product lies less in its mechanical than in its thermal, electrica.
POLYTETRAFLUOROETHYLENE (PTFE) exhibits a unique set of characteristics and is resistant to practically all chemicals. An excellent construction material, it will not degrade when exposed to UV or swell and dissolve in common organic or inorganic solvents. It has a low co-efficient of friction with a wide service temperature range and unless chemically treated, no substance will stick to the non-stick surface of PTFE.
• Chemically inert
• Insoluble in all known solvents below 300ºC
• High thermal stability, continuous service temperature range -270º to 260ºC
• Low coefficient of friction
• Outstanding electrical and dielectric properties
• Resistant to stress cracking and weathering
• Limited use in structural components because of low
modulus of elasticity
• Poor wear resistance
• Poor mechanical strength
• Non toxic EU and FDA approval for food contact
• Very high specific gravity
• Easy to machine
• Mechanical seals, gaskets, packing's, electrical insulators,
bridge bearing pads, chemical bellows, vee rings, valve seats,
spiral back-up rings, ball valve seats and seals, expansion
bearings, chemical transfer tubing, linings and coatings,
glandless valves and pumps, laboratory equipment.
© Gauteng Engeneering Plastics 2020 – All Right Reserved